Friday, September 27, 2013

You Conquered Me

The battle is raging, the horns are blaring
And I’m here, I’m here, I’m trembling.
I’m putting on armor, pretending I’ve valour
Drawing in strength I know I don’t possess

‘Cause I’m afraid, I’m afraid that they will see
That I’m not, I’m not who I pretend to be.
I’m no soldier, no fighter, no winner
And I am lost, I’m losing the battle before it begins.


My shield is breaking, my sword is flying
And I’m here, I’m here, and I’m shaking.
I’m alone, afraid, tired, and running.
Looking for a haven, broken and crying,
Escaping into a place where they can’t find me.

So I cried, I cried, and You were there.
And You took my hands and gave me rest.
I was scarred, bloodied, defeated.
Yet You held me tight and You said,
“Come to me, my love, let me fight this battle for you.”
And You conquered me.

Now I’m safe, I’m loved, unafraid,
‘Cause You conquered me.


#RM
----------------------------------------
Originally posted 09.27.2013

No comments:

Post a Comment