Friday, June 9, 2017

Longing

I see you,
I always hear you,
When I turn on the radio
Hear your music
See you on the little screen.
I can almost feel you.
But you’re not here.

Thousands of miles away
I wait for your call
Which never came
It’s okay. It’s okay.
I understand,
I’ll love you just the same.


I still write these songs
That you’ve asked me for
Songs we’ll sing together
Someday, maybe soon.
It’s okay. It’s okay.
I understand,
These tears would stop soon.

I see you,
Sometimes with another
But I’ve taught myself
Not to bother.
I hold on to your promise
As you hold on to my heart
Soon enough, you’ll be here.

Tears flood during the night,
Nevermind that. All is fine.
Let us be strong now
And stronger later on.
The fight is still on,
No need to hurry
No need to surrender.

Your voice is like lightning
In a quiet night.
‘How are you?’
‘I miss you so?’
It’s okay. I’m fine.
Your voice—I can almost touch you
In this lonely, dark night.

“When will you be back?”
I wanted to ask,
But I stopped myself.
Be stronger, be stronger.
I chant to myself.
"I’ll come home soon,"
You said out of the blue.

I smile in the dark,
Could almost feel your
Heartbeat next to mine.
Pressing closer with each word.
And I reply with a warm
“I’ll wait for you. All is fine.”
“I’ll sing for you. Only for you.”



#RM
#WFYSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment