Thursday, November 30, 2017

If I Could Live Another Life

If I could live another life after this,
I'd still choose you
You with your faults
You with your joys
You with your sadness
I'll still hold your hand
Even when you stand so far away.
I'll still walk towards you
Even if the journey is long,
Even if the journey is too long,
And the distance is too wide.
I'll still stretch my love,
And allow you your freedom

As I wait for you to settle down.
I'd still write you letters
That takes you months to receive
Much less to read.
I'd probably wish
That you'd respond better
And faster
And way more frequent
Than you do right now.
Nevertheless, your smile
I'll still treasure.
Your voice I will always hear.
Your tears I will always treasure
As you treasure mine.
My love, if I could live yet
Another life, another lifetime,
I'd still call you 'my love'
And love you as much
As you love me more.
Even if oceans keep us apart,
I'll still wait for you to come.
I will still stretch my arms
To welcome you in a warm embrace
After a long, long distance.
After all the troubles.
After all the heartbreaks and heartaches.
I will still welcome you.
I will still treasure your goodbyes
As much as your hellos.
My love, if this lifetime
Could not keep us apart,
How could another one?
If I could live another life,
I'd still choose you.
I'd still say yes.
I'd still ignore the pain and
The endless hate
As you keep me still in your embrace.
My love, I'd still love you.

As you love me more.


#RM
#WFYSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment