Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Don't Call Back Anymore

I heard you last night
You called our house.
You called my mom.
You talked to my dad.
But you didn't ask for me.
Why?

Are you afraid
I won't want to
Talk to you?
After what you've done?
Maybe yes.
Maybe, no.
The crazy thing is
I still miss you.

I miss the way we were
Your warm touch.
Your hearty laugh,
The silly jokes
I never could decide
Whether I like or abhor.
I wish...
I wish you
Didn't do it.

You pushed me away
Farther and father
And then accused
Me of not listening
To you.
Of not supporting you.
You broke my heart.
Again and again.

I saw your furtive glances.
The hidden smiles,
Deleted messages.
The way your lips
Would incline to the left
As you look around
To see if I'm looking.
I saw all of them.
But I stayed.

I thought it would pass.
My love was enough.
My heart was strong
Enough.
But it was never enough.
You took and took
Not bothering about
Giving back.
It was useless.


That day I stepped away
I heard you call out
My name.
For the first time
In ages. My name.
My heart clenched.
Your voice is unwanted.
I don't want you
Anymore.


I heard you last night
You called our house.
You called my mom.
You talked to my dad.
But you didn't ask for me.
Good.
Don't call back anymore.


#RM

No comments:

Post a Comment