Friday, January 27, 2017

Nevertheless, I do





You made me smile
The first time we said 'hi'.
I could barely contain
The warmth spreading
In my heart.
Entangled, I can't
Say goodbye.


You made me cry
When you pushed me
Away, that night.
Did you think
I would smile
And let go;
Say goodbye?




You made me angry
That faithless night.
Don't say 'hello'
For I would not
Answer you.
For now.
Say goodbye.


You made me lonely
When you did not
Call, at all.
How dare you
Leave me so.
Is this the last time you
Say goodbye?


You made me hope
The morning you rang
On my door.
I opened and saw
Your crying face,
And begged me not to
Say goodbye.


You made me dream
That this magical year
Would not end
Forever.
As long as we both live.
Promise we would never
Say goodbye?


You made me happy,
On that day, you gave
Me, your heart
And promise, a part of you.
It has not been easy
Like a fairytale.
Nevertheless, I do.



## RM





No comments:

Post a Comment