Friday, February 10, 2017

Cut Me Flowers



Cut me flowers from the field where we went last June.
Pick for me the best blooms, the bright and the well-stemmed.
Take out the weeds that tried to kills these beauties;
Remove the small crawlies who tried to make their home there.
Wrap a string around the stems; softly so they won't crumble.


I will wait for you in that place where we first met.
Praying that life would be better than it had been.
Wishing for strength, protection, provision, and love;
I will wait for you there, no matter the weather.
Come to me like a dream, or a prince, or a knight of old.




Bring me the bouquet of flowers that you cut;
Reminder of how we fought, ignored, and love despite.
I will cherish your gift, as I have cherished your love.
Hold my hand, in your warm ones, as we walk awhile,
On this path we've walked a dozen times before.


Let us be mysterious and promise our love forever
In front a bowl of sacred water, in the middle of winter.
There in the field where you cut me flowers,
Forgetting the uncertainties and endless troubles,
Let us tie our lives together, as long as we both live.


I will wait for you in that place where we first met.
Light up the wind with our memories never forgotten.
Do not hold back the tears knotted in your chest.
But cry not a lot and do not curse the skies;
They have witnessed our despairs and our love.
Remember me forever, when spring comes and I said goodbye.


##RM

No comments:

Post a Comment