Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Ah! Love--You Came!

Ah! Love.
It made me forget my alliances
My promise to my family
That I'll never leave them
That I'll be but a stone throw away
My promise to my Self
That I'll have a good life
That I'll live quietly and honorably
A little boring perhaps
In need of a little excitement
Decidedly repetitive

Maybe a life that would
Douse the fire, that ember
That once was roaring
Filled with excitement
Looked forward to adventure
But little by little
By little
Until so little is left
The roaring left
And the fire is banked
It wasn't so bad
The fire settled well
Or maybe just settled
I don't really know
It wasn't so bad
This future that I looked forward to
It was okay.
And then you came.
The fire roared.
It made me forget--
Ah! Love.
You came!


#RM
#WFYSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment