Monday, March 30, 2020

Calm Down, Dear Heart

I am here to take your fright
Of being abandoned
Of being betrayed
Of being the object
Of squandered promise of
Fidelity.


Calm down, little bird.
Let me charm your
Frozen heart, warm it
Up with cuddle and
Delights. Let me
Care for you.
Be soft in my arms
For I’ll protect you
Tonight.


Are you not tired?
Of taking yourself
So stiffly. So afraid;
That if you bend, you
Will lose your sanity.
Stay by my side
Walk by me.
Let me take your burdens
Completely.


Do you feel safe
Now? Here besides me.
I care not if your hair
Flies madly with the wind;
Or that your brows wrinkle
As you think about things
So seriously.
Take my hand, sweet.
Take my heart.
Here, in my hand;
I pledge my beating heart.
It’s yours, dear heart.


Let me soothe your fears
And climb your walls
Of brittle heartbreaks.
I’ll take care of you, my sweet.
Keep your cold feet warm
Even in Winter’s feast.
Let my arms protect you
From your memories.
My shoulders are big
To carry you, my dear.

- RM
03/25/20

No comments:

Post a Comment