Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Black and Blue

I turned a little slowly
To cut-off the pain
As I watched the reflection
Show my new colors:
Black and blue,
More red now
Maybe tomorrow darker.

I winced as I moved away.
Slowly rotated by jaw
And tried to put
My aching teeth together:
Just loose; nothing lost,
At least today.
I tried to smile
But it pained to do so.

I must stand, I say
To myself.
But my eyes are heavy,
Even thinking about it
Makes my heart flutter.
Oh! How I want
To simply surrender.
But not yet--
One more slide up.

Calm down,
Ignore the ceaseless pain.
One step down.
One step closer
To freedom.
What is that?!
Is that him
Again?
No. No. No.
I must go.

Ahhhhhhhhh!
No! Let me--
What? What?
I must have fallen asleep.
Passed out.
No! I have to get up!
Please. Let me leave.
I swear I will be perfect
And close my lips.
No one will know of my
Black and blue nightmares.

You will keep your freedom.
All I ask is for you
To look away.
Let me... let me--
Where am I?
My head is heavy
And I taste hot blood
Burning me.
I closed my eyes,
And opened them. Well.
I am here again.
I am still here. Again.


#RM
#TRG

No comments:

Post a Comment