Friday, May 1, 2020

Something Good

I spilled my coffee on the floor
This morning while I
Was rushing through
The Door.
I almost cursed--but didn't.
My heart felt like something
Good is about to happen today.

My sleeve got caught on the
Car's door when I got-off
At the office's parking area.
Almost caught my skin,
But I survived it intact.
I felt my head swimming.
Something good is about to happen.

The elevator door took
A long time coming down.
If it was any other day,
My blood pressure would have
Gone up and with it, anger.
But I kept my cool
And reached my desk smiling.
Something is different.

Everything is the same everywhere
I look, but there's a wild feeling
That something great
Is about to happen.
Maybe not right now,
Maybe later.
Maybe.
Something good is in the air.

I had a good lunch and laughed
At my friend's corny jokes
And didn't bother getting irritated
By the people who hate me
As much as I don't like them.
Then, it's past two-thirty.
A buzz on the table; a call--
Ten minutes later I am crying
Because something wonderful happened!


- R.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment