Monday, April 12, 2021

At the Corner of Heartache and Regret


I’ve waited so long for this moment
Is this how we can end?
Facing each other, miles apart
Unable to say the words
It took us thousands of years to find?


Is this really our last moment,
Our eyes burning with emptied resentment.
Our hearts filled with dull pain
Remembering everything and yet
Remembering nothing.


If I hold my hand out to you
Under the falling blooms, the soul of you
Under the bright moonlight, my promise
Will you come back to me
And hold me still? Stop this surrender?


Is this really our last goodbye?
A prolonged sentence of that long ago night.
Of me waiting for your revenge,
Willing to die for a promise I made
In exchange for your life?


Will we find each other again
Behind the veil, the endless, endless regrets?
If I open my mouth and declare
All the unuttered words choked in pain
Will you remember me fondly—finally?


If I open my arms wide, will you
Come back to me and fill this
Endless void you made when you went away?
Or should I surrender now and allow
The passage of time to erase you from my memories?



-RM
04.12.2021

No comments:

Post a Comment