Monday, November 1, 2021

Autumn Rain

As the heavy droplets hit the glass of the car

I remembered you and your sparkling smile.

Are you well, my love?

Did you catch a cold?

I know how much you dislike the changes

In temperature and seasons.


The heavy lineup of cars in front,

And at the back made me a little lonesome.

For they stopped the clock 

And gave me time to think

About the things I told myself

To give up--like you.


My dear winter-child who brings sunshine,

Your hold over me traverse

Time and universe.

When you left my letter unopened

And my messages unanswered,

I knew then that this bitter hope

Should not be given free rein any longer.


But here I am still thinking,

Still wishing, still counting down

The days, the hours, the minutes.

Even though for you, my tears are less precious

Than the droplets on my windshield.

We made no promises, but

My heart is weighed down by wishes.


The light finally turned green.

And as I move slowly, a little forward, 

A little stop.

I was thankful for the distraction of 

Mindless actions. Reflexes,

Like my heart beating with your name,

And my eyes only seeing you

Despite the heavy rain.


The leaves are falling still.

Their colors are changing, even

As they get blown by the bitter wind.

They don't know where they are going.

But as they fall on the ground, wet,

They still hope for rebirth

And possibly, love.



#rmpsd 21.11.01



No comments:

Post a Comment