Thursday, November 11, 2021

Thirty-Six

 I hope this becomes a new beginning,

A new year of blessings

Of joy, tears, and pain

Overshadowed by hope

And better tomorrows.


I hope today you start believing

That you are more than praises

And hollow words of love.

That you will see the bright path ahead

Without artificial lights.


I hope that you remember to stop

And rest, taking stock of what you have,

What you plan to have, what you can't.

And see that in everything,

There's a bigger plan.


I hope that you trust not just your heart

Or the confusing noise of people 

Who aims to please when you are around,

But who questions when you are not.

But trust the power bigger than you are.


I hope that you step out of the ocean

And believe that impossible things

Can happen according to plan,

If you just believe. Just believe.

An exercise of more than just the body.


I hope that you win more

Not just hearts and awards,

But also forgotten mornings, afternoons,

Evenings, including orange-pink dawn breaks.

Breathe. Breathe. And take joy in what you have.


I hope that you celebrate this day

More than with wine, cakes, and vodka.

More with laughter, love, and acceptance

That you can be just as you are,

And be loved. Deeply loved.


Dearest winter child, happy birthday.


#R.M. 21.11.11


No comments:

Post a Comment