Monday, November 15, 2021

I Will Be Your Quiet Place

The silent worries you've carried in your heart

Take them out and place them in your palm. 

Then take this open box and place them here.

And feel your worries disappear.

At least for today. 


Take my hand, winter child

And let me keep you warm today.

No words are needed, just be this way

Smile, sigh or stare into the Milky Way

While I hold your hand.


Unplug yourself and feel at peace,

Even if the phone rings, there is no rush.

Feel free and let your muscles relax,

Be comforted that responsibilities

Are in my pockets today.


If you need to lie down and close your eyes,

Do not feel sorry; do not be alarmed.

I will keep count of the hours

And shield you from the rising sun.

Tomorrow is soon enough.


Do not be afraid to waste time today,

For my arms are wide enough

To enjoy the extreme and the banal.

There will be no shrieks of fear.

There will be no limits here.


When the phone keeps ringing,

Articles keep multiplying, and 

Many people find faults in all your doings,

Keep your head high and your heart strong.

I will be behind you through it all.


If the sun shines bright tomorrow

And your steps are lighter, your smile easier.

I will still keep your box of worries in my pocket.

And hold your hand, and pat your back.

I will be your quiet place, always constant.



R.M. 21.11.15


No comments:

Post a Comment