Monday, March 6, 2017

In My Fantasy




Late at night, I see you walking to me
Into my stretched out arms, waiting for you
For your body to be next to mine,
Your heart beating faster, faster, faster.
Then the wind blows and you're gone.


Like nails slowly embedding in my heart
It hurts me so bad that you are far away
I can't hear your voice, hold your hand
Or sway you with the music of your song
Are you asleep right now? I need you.




I wake up and see your smiling eyes
Sparkling, making me smile despite the cold.
But when I try to hold you closer
All I feel is this coldness beside me
You have become a bittersweet fantasy.


Picking up the phone, I dial your number
That I have scarred in my memory
Since the day I met you.
There in that place where joy was felt.
Where are you now? I need you.


Melt into me, make me yours
Here's the whole of me, take me.
These words I should have told you
The day we parted and you shed your tears
I didn't know it was goodbye. I didn't know.


Should I have stopped? Stayed?
Chose you instead, and held your hand.
Even if meant the end of my dream?
In exchange for this endless, wretched pain
Of losing the only one who matters most.


The days have become so long.
Weekends have become cold tragedies.
I can't forget you, have you forgotten me?
How can I convince you to go to me?
Follow me once again, love me again?


If I tell you I wrote a song for you
Sang it for the world to see
What you mean to me. Your love.
Your laugh, your face, your lame jokes.
Will you come back to me, please?


All that is within me calls out your name.
I can't guard myself from you,
You make me cry, you make me live.
In my fantasy, I hold you close everyday.
I am losing my mind--don't let me die.


#RM
#WFYSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment