Friday, April 21, 2017

Eyes Off Of You

It was like destiny when we first saw each other.
In the midst of the confusing lights and darkness
I saw your face with the brightest smile,
Couldn't help but stare and stare;
They had to nudge me awake,
But I couldn't take my eyes off of you.


You were like a painting in the wind.
I wanted to jump just so I could catch you.
Protect you, keep you in my embrace
Hide this precious gem from the world.
Crush you, and have you all to myself.
Have no one snatch you away.




Too quickly you disappeared from my sight.
Panicked, I circled the stage, aimless,
Trying to catch a view of you once again.
Was it really you? Or was it my imagination?
Did my eyes fool me too much? Too cruelly?
A sweet figment--ah, but there you were.


Heaven must have been full of smiles
That day they welcomed you to this world,
Because your smile could light up the whole room;
Even when you were smiling at someone else--
Stop! Do not smile at them! Focus only on me;
As I surrender to you and lose sight of everything else.


Come, come here sweet butterfly,
Look at me only--I am selfish that way.
I saw you first, you smiled at me first.
Come this way, come here by my side.
As I hold your hand, I silently swear;
You can never look back, you're stuck.


Your beauty, it shines only for me,
I wondered why they didn't see the same.
Your hair, your eyes, your nose, your lips--
Like perfect rubies that I want to keep hidden--
And show-off at the same time.
You confuse me--pull me in closer, closer, closer.


You are mine now, do not let go.
In return, take my heart and imprison it.
No matter what happens from this moment on,
You and I can never look back.
Shine only for me, my brightest star.
I can't take my eyes off of you.


#RM
#WFYSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment