Thursday, April 13, 2017

잘자요, 에기야 / Sleep Well

I keep thinking we'll meet each other soon.
Sometimes, I wonder why I feel so,
But when people echoes
This deep secret of me,
I feel like a door will open soon.
You and I, the night we've been waiting for.
Too much love, not enough--
This has always been our lot.


The night air stirs as I wonder in the dark.
Will you recognize me?
Will I recognize you?
When we have never met before.
We haven't talked.
There's nothing of each other that we know.
Maybe a little--what I want you to be;
And what you expect of me.




Doubts often fill me as I imagine
Meeting you, eyes meeting, minds aligned.
What if I'm not what you expect?
I'm not pretty enough?
Though trust this, I am smart.
What if you're not what I expect?
You're not mature enough?
What then will happen to us?

Sleep defeated, I stand and walk to a corner,
Sits down, and stare at the moonlight.
Will we even see each other?
What if I am just lost in my daydream
Of wanting to find you--meet you,
And you don't care at all?
What of my heart
If you already love another?

Or worse, what if you don't love at all?
Vanity, vanity, vanity.
Lost in your fame, your life,
Too entrenched to bother?
Will you find me?
What of me, if I'm the only one
Waiting for a dream to come true?
And I'm just a face in the crowd?

Leaves are falling, falling, falling.
And I'm still awake and wondering.
My thoughts have turned into nightmares
That bleeds my heart awake.
Where are you now?
Do you even suffer
The way I do right now?
Or are you sleeping easy?

I lose my mind on these questions.
Pointlessly, I make myself suffer.
Deprived and cold, I continue.
The stars in contrast
To my declining mood.
We've never met,
But I cry for you tonight
A phantom heartache in the dark.

In a few hours the dawn will break
My thoughts scattered everywhere.
Thinking about you,
Trying not to.
I feel like I miss you,
But that cannot be so--
Do you even have these thoughts?
Or you're too busy to bother?

I must sleep and surrender
Today, I have too much work to do.
I might think of you again
Later, or maybe another day,
When I am alone with my thoughts,
In a silent whirlwind, afloat.
Where you are, sleep well, my dear.
Or maybe think of me.


#RM
#WFYSeries

No comments:

Post a Comment