Thursday, April 13, 2017

When I Am Afraid

Pushed to a corner, unsure of things;
Surrounded by darkness
Of my thoughts
Of my heart
Of my uncertainties
I hear a sudden whisper reminding me:
"I am here."


A song bursts forth from inside
Of my wandering heart:
"When I am afraid
I will trust in You.
When I am afraid
I will trust in You."
And then You give me peace
As You always do.




In the middle of the night
The double-minded me questions:
"What if? What if?"
The other voice whispering:
"You are all alone in this."
But then a touch on my shoulder
Reminds me once again.


You pull me closer to You
Even as I get pushed to and fro.
Your light, it shines on me
Lifting the darkness
Lifting the loneliness
Lifting the fear
It makes me want to shout:
"I trust in the Lord!
What can flesh do to me?"

#RM

No comments:

Post a Comment