Monday, March 22, 2021

AT THE PINNACLE

Today, as I celebrate the day I was

Meant to be.

I closed my eyes and wished

To see your eyes shining,

Smiling shyly.

Your lips both happy and mysterious.

Will you celebrate with me?


Will you finally answer my call,

That you've long ignored.

Despite your long ago promises

That I will be your universe.

As I have made you mine.


Can you now take my hand,

And hold it tight?

When you're at your prime,

The pinnacle of your fame,

Your star shining brighter than ever

As you've wished long ago.


Will you now open my letters?

The one I wrote you ages ago,

After a bittersweet goodbye,

And repeated whispers of

"I will come back for sure."


Today, can you make time to answer

My longing calls and hidden sighs?

Or is your schedule still full

Overflowing to the point

That your next time has

Become a long goodbye?


Can you finally let me know

And not leave me hanging here

If you will still come back to me

Or should I surrender and

Consider my diverging roads

And choose the one without you?


Today, as I celebrate the day I was

Meant to be.

I have come to  a crossroad of pain

And maybe fading sorrow.

I will not wait for you anymore.

So answer me now,

Or forget me forevermore.


#RM

03.22.2021


No comments:

Post a Comment