Sunday, March 28, 2021

I Only See You


On the eve of your day,

I look through all my saved memories

And find your face in the midst of many

So many people that I know,

And those I don’t.

And yet I only see you.


It’s your eyes, your lips,

Your nose, and the voice

That I can hear even 

When you’re not speaking.

Is this the web you weaved

On my mind, on my heart?


I closed my eyes and 

Tried to dispel your magic.

I looked to the right

Found little sparkles on the left

And troubled shiny things

On the right, amongst many.

And yet I only see you.


Color your hair light,

Color your hair brighter,

Color your hair your color,

In the end, it is you.

And what’s beneath that I see.

That one thing you promised to me.


But where are you now?

Away, far away, going even farther.

The promise you made last December

Was as fleeting as your smiles

Today, yesterday, a week before.

Can you still see yourself in the mirror?


Are you lost now, my tree?

Are your roots hanging by the thread

Along the suddenly surging river

Overflowing stream, once dreaming

Now a frightening reality.

Still, I can only see you.


As you were when we held hands,

When we whispered silly jokes.

And tried to offend each other,
So we can make up afterwards.

And yet you seem lost now, my star.

Find your way back through my eyes.



#RM

03/28/2021

No comments:

Post a Comment