Thursday, March 7, 2019

Snowfall

I hope you find my soul shining
Like I see yours.
Glowing with life and laughter
A mere smile lights up the floor.
Do you know how beautiful you are?
Like snow falling slowly
On my knitted wrapped hand.
While cold wind makes my face red
And joy fills my heart.

I wish you could see from my eyes
How I see you.
Like wishes and dreams come true
Your sunlight peaks through the storm.
A pit-a-pat staccato of sighs
And you melt the darkness inside.
You’re a wonder you know.
Come a little closer and make me
Warmer.

I pray we’ll always be like this
Cold outside but warm beneath.
No one sees you like this
But me.
You’re a treasure hidden, deep.
People cannot see the light I see within.
How blind must they be
To walk past a daring soul like yours.
Lean a little closer, let your heartbeat beat
Next to mine.

I declare I’ll hold your hands until grey
Becomes our main color.
What a lovely sight we’ll be.
Stoop, dried, slow and half out of our minds
But still laughing side by side
Forever trapped in our island of fun.
Trapped in by the snowstorm which shaped
The rest of our lives.
Fire. Let me stir up the fire.
That it may burn, till the ashes follow the wind.


#RM
03.06.19

No comments:

Post a Comment